Show-case 1: Construction
In about 1300 the castle Eisenberg was built by Peter von Hohenegg as his residence and for administrating the dominion of Eisenberg. Until its final demolition in 1646 the castle was changed more than once.
- The windows were made of bull’s eye panes; bars protected them in case of strong winds.
- The roofs of the castle were covered by over- and undertiles.
- Fragments of mortar found in the chapel proved that its walls were plastered and painted.
- A charred lintel recalls the burning of the castle during the Peasants‘ War in 1525.